- 480 blocks
- Includes 1 figure – 1 U.S. Army tank commander
- Includes block replica of weapons and tools
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
- Made in Europe
- Illustrated instructions manual included in each set
- Model dimensions (L x W x H): 7.7″ x 3.5″ 4.9″
- Recommended Ages: 6 & Up
- Part of COBI Historical Collection: World War II series
Cobi-2464A has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
The M4 Sherman Tank was the most iconic American tank of World War II. It was also the most used. While it was used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps, it was also used by British, Canadian, Soviet and even Chinese forces during the Second World War. The tank served from 1942 until 1955 with over 49,000 tanks produced. U.S. Armed Forces would go on to use the M4 Sherman during the Korean War. Although it was less well-armored and had a less powerful gun than most German tanks its faced during World War II, it had better speed, mobility, and a quicker rate of fire.
A Wisconsin Veteran’s Story…
Jack Chase, from Oconomowoc, WI, served in WWII as part of the 746th Tank Battalion. He trained in the Sherman at Fort Knox, KY and prior to D-Day, he trained in Iceland, Ireland and England. On D-Day+2, Chase drove a waterproof Sherman ashore and he participated in the Battle of the Bulge.