- 605 blocks
- Includes 1 figure – WWI Tank Commander
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
- Made in Europe
- Illustrated instructions manual included in each set
- Model dimensions (L x W x H): 12.8″ x 5.91″ x 3.35″
- Recommended Ages: 7 and Up
- Part of COBI Historical Collection: Great War series
Cobi has discontinued the Cobi-2972 set.
By combining the technologies of an internal combustion engine, steel plated armor, with a set of tractors inspired by those on a tractor, the Mark I caused a revolution in modern warfare. In order to break the stalemate that had descended upon the Western Front, the British developed a top secret weapon that they codenamed tank. The world’s first tank, the Mark I, first saw action in 1916. Although it was incredibly uncomfortable the tank’s eight crew members, the Mark I was far superior to the alternative. It had an exposed engine that could cause burns. Coupled with making the temperature inside the tank over 100 degrees at times, it was incredibly loud. There were 75 Mark I tanks manufactured. Presently, only one known Mark I tank remains in the world today. And it is located at The Tank Museum in Bovington, England.