- 395 blocks
- Includes 1 figure – 1 USAAF pilot
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
- Made in Europe
- Illustrated instructions manual included in each set
- Model dimensions (L x W x H): 11.6″ x 16.3″ x 3.7″
- Recommended Ages: 7 & Up
- Part of COBI Historical Collection: World War II series
The United States Army Air Corps had the Lockheed Aviation company develop the P-38 Lighting in 1937. When the first one flew in 1939, it had a distinctive look. The Army asked the P-38 was to do it all. In additions to its use as a long-range escort fighter, the P-38 was used for interception, dive bombing, level bombing, ground attack, photo reconnaissance and pathfinder. In fact, the P-38 was capable of carrying a larger bomb payload than early B-17 Flying Fortresses.
Cobi-5539 has been discontinued by the manufacturer.