- 920 blocks
- Includes 1 figure – 1 USAAF pilot
- Compatible with other leading brands of construction blocks
- Made in Europe
- Illustrated instructions manual included in each set
- Model dimensions (L x W x H): 20″ x 26″ x 5.1″
- Recommended Ages: 8 & Up
- Part of COBI Historical Collection: World War II series
- Scale 1:48
The B-17 dropped more bombs than any other U.S. Aircraft in World War II. The B-17, also called the ‘Flying Fortress’, was heavily armored and included a weapons system on board the aircraft.
A Wisconsin Veteran’s Story…
Donald Wilkinson, from Mazomanie, WI, served as a B-17 flight engineer and top turret gunner in the 401st Bombardment Squadron 91st Bomb Group. Flying in a B-17 known as the Qualified Quail, Wilkinson flew 33 combat missions. The Qualified Quail flew 72 before being shot down in France.